Inventory and Warehouse Associate
Puslinch, Ontario Location
Bryan’s is a leading Canadian online auction company with headquarters in Puslinch, Ontario, with a second location in Trenton, Ontario. Bryan’s Auction Services Ltd is well-recognized and respected in the industry. Originating in 1970, they have consistently grown to become one of Canada's leading online auction companies. At Bryan’s Auction Services Ltd, the future outlook is promising.
We are looking for new team members to deliver on the “Home of Great Deals” and “The Home of Great Service” promise. If you have a proactive mindset, we want to hear from you! Our business is rapidly evolving and growing, don’t miss out on this opportunity to be a part of something great!
Provide a high level of customer service in executing duties from inventory processing to warehouse arrangement, preview, and load out. Able to problem solve and provide timely communication and escalation to management. Responsible for articulating the Mission, Vision, and Values of the organization.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Ensure the safety of Bryan’s employees and guests throughout the entire property by complying with all safety procedures.
- Planning the layout for building 1 & 2.
- Plan and track storage of warehouse-related consignment for future and past auctions.
- Receive consignment as per company policy.
- Lot sorting and consignment placing/set-up to maximize returns.
- Responsible for identifying lots for optimum sales.
- Participate in load-out and preview procedures.
- Ensure the building is clean and set up for viewing. Inventory tracking and assigning consignor numbers.
- Ensure all deadlines are met.
- Follow assigned data entry and picture-taking processes for each consigned item.
- Ensure that all information entered in the database is accurate and consistent, and be accountable for all information (Ex. Consignor numbers, inventory numbers, etc.)
- Research information on consigned items using the appropriate sources (Ex. Google, Manufacturers, Experts in the field, other staff, etc.)
- Use good judgment when encountering unusual items and seek the appropriate assistance to ensure accurate descriptions and information.
- Must attend all staff training sessions to keep up-to-date on new data input methods and capture accurate photos.
- Participate in data entry audit to verify descriptions and photos to ensure accuracy before bidding opening.
- Ability to carry out tasks in inclement weather conditions safely and efficiently.
- Other duties as assigned by management
Skills and Personal Attributes Desired
- Research and be aware of industry trends and practices
- Promote and nurture customer and consignor relationships
- Organize kitchen cabinet setup for the auction
- Communicate and articulate information from management
- Ensure all supplies needed are in stock
- Complete tasks/assignments as directed by the Manager promptly, and any other duties
- 1-3 years experience in an industrial or warehouse environment and exposure to inclement weather.
- Time Management/Leadership/Organizational skills
- Forklift experience is an asset
- Retail Merchandising is an asset
- Retail experience
- Auction experience
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation ($21 - $25 per hour) based on experience
- Group Insured Health Benefits
- Work-life balance
- Employee recognition program
- Professional growth and development opportunities
|Auction Admin Assistant
|Inventory and Warehouse Associate
|Yard and Warehouse Associate
|Junior Outside Sales Account Manager
|Senior Outside Sales Account Manager