Auction Admin Assistant
Puslinch, Ontario Location
Bryan’s is a leading Canadian online auction company with headquarters in Puslinch, Ontario, with a second location in Trenton, Ontario. Bryan’s Auction Services Ltd is well-recognized and respected in the industry. Originating in 1970, they have consistently grown to become one of Canada's leading online auction companies. At Bryan’s Auction Services Ltd, the future outlook is promising.
We are looking for new team members to deliver on the “Home of Great Deals” and “The Home of Great Service” promise. If you have a proactive mindset, we want to hear from you! Our business is rapidly evolving and growing, don’t miss out on this opportunity to be a part of something great!
The role is designed to support and process transactions related to the financial services of each auction. Completed through adherence to policy, procedures, and protocols to receive, balance, and refund all monies associated. Additionally, the position will participate in other cycles of the auction process, such as inventory consignment, inventory entry, vehicle administrative duties, collections, and consignor pay-out procedures. Additional responsibilities will include reception and customer service.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for reception duties, including answering phones and customer inquiries
- Know all auction sale dates to answer customer inquiries accurately.
- Know and understand Company policies and procedures on handling money, processing invoices for each customer, and receipt of payment for each invoice.
- Work with the Inventory Control Supervisor and Manager during the consignment and inventory stages of the auction to accurately inventory lots.
- Follow policy and procedures on the required method for interacting with customers and consignors while providing ongoing liaison.
- Responsible for balancing each day during receipt of payments during load-out.
- Ensure that credit card transactions are properly handled to eliminate fraud.
- Responsible for problem-solving customer issues related to invoices or purchases.
- Follow procedures and communicate with Sales Representatives and Consignors to ensure that all vehicles requiring ownership have original copies in the file before the start of bidding and that vehicles are not sold with a current PPSA lien.
- Responsible for collecting all information about each consignor and preparing permanent files for each.
- Work with consignor records as directed to ensure they are up-to-date, complete, and secured.
- Notify consignors when consignments are not paid for and must be resold or picked up.
- Other duties as assigned by management
Skills and Personal Attributes Desired
- Administrative experience handling money
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills are required
- Able to interpret, implement and update company policies and procedures
- Familiarity with online auction processes and systems, an asset
- Must be able to interact with a wide range of customers, both consignors, and buyers
- Work in an often-stressful environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions all year round
- Strong commitment to detail and organization
- Must take pride in the work done and completed
- High School graduate with at least three years of demonstrated customer service skills.
- Online auction experience would be preferred but is not necessary.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation ($21 - $23 per hour) based on experience
- Group Insured Health Benefits
- Work-life balance
- Employee recognition program
- Professional growth and development opportunities
|Auction Admin Assistant
|Inventory and Warehouse Associate
|Yard and Warehouse Associate